Love Is Like Tea: Job Hunting Gloom

Sunday 4 March 2012

Job Hunting Gloom



































*Gloom* *Gloom* ... approximately five minutes ago I got a call. It turned out to be from a guy whose ad I answered about needing a sales assistant for an expo. My kind of gig, see new things, learn new things, meet new people...I'm always for new experiences. So anyways, I hadn't expected such a quick reply since I had only submitted my application this morning. The guy on the phone sounded happy about calling me, and in my head, I was frankly just like "omgomgomgI'veTOTALLYgotthisyesyesyeyes". Anyways, moving on, he invites me for an interview-but I was pretty sure it was just going to be a thing where they want to see you in person and make sure you're not some weirdo-and just as our conversation is ending, "oh, and just confirming, you're available for the whole ten days right?" SHIT. "March 16th-25th, 10-6?" SHITSHITSHIT. Long story short, I was NOT available. *sob* It slipped right through my fingers ;'(
I also looked like an idiot for wasting his time since it had CLEARLY stated on the ad "March 16th-25th".

*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

In hindsight, I also realized it would have been my first ever "formal" job interview...my past jobs were all gotten through inside connections, errr, I mean, glowing recommendations.

*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

The search for employment. 'Tis a long and weary road.
Afterwards, I also realized that in the other application I sent, I enclosed a resume with a typo in the first sentence. Worst impression ever :/

Alas, hindsight is 20/20, while my eyesight is currently probably 20/800...just a fun fact.

Huh...that reminds me that I must schedule contact fitting in the near future.

The eyesight and memory of an elderly person should come with the wisdom of an elderly person >__<

So ends my rant! Until next time...
Pip pip cheerio! :D




No comments:

Post a Comment