Love Is Like Tea: Book Review: Then Sings My Soul 3 by Robert Morgan

Tuesday 17 January 2012

Book Review: Then Sings My Soul 3 by Robert Morgan

  
Then Sings My Soul 3 is the latest addition to a wonderful series by Robert Morgan. Then Sings My Soul is an amazing collection of books that explore the meanings and stories behind the hymns of faith that still prevail today. Getting to know the events behind these songs truly add to the experience of singing them and the depth of the background surrounding the hymns is truly astonishing.

  While I've personally never heard many of these hymns before, this only added to the joy of reading this book because it gave me the chance to discover so many new beautiful pieces of music. I love that fact the Morgan chose both new and old hymns, allowing readers to experience a wide range of music. Then Sings My Soul 3 is divided into sections that include some history on the writing and creation of hymns, some early hymns, as well as six hymns with words and lead music included. Truly a treat for any music lover!

  The design of the book is worth commenting on too, with a gorgeous cover as well as jagged edged pages, which lend a lovely classic feel to  Then Sings My Soul 3. Robert Morgan has truly created a series that is sure to be loved by a wide range of people, from worship leaders to music aficionados to readers who have a taste for touching true stories. 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment