Love Is Like Tea: My Winter Rut ... Seasonal Affective Disorder?

Saturday 7 January 2012

My Winter Rut ... Seasonal Affective Disorder?

So I've been away for quite a while, and as always, I have my excuse ready and prepared. Only this time the excuse is rather legitimate for once :/


It's funny how simple this flow chart to happiness is. 
It's almost deceptive to think that there's a "formula" and that if one follows it, happiness can be achieved.
But there probably is.
It's out there.
We just have to find it. 






Every year, I find that in winter that I become easily depressed, with lack of energy, and constant fatigue. This year has actually been one of my worst winters. Not in the sense that I didn't have fun, but in the sense that my "symptoms" have become noticeably pronounced.

Now, apparently what I suffer from is Seasonal Affective Disorder, and is actually rather common. The irony of a depresion-like illness called SAD is not lost on me...   -_-

Anyways, I feel like I've retreated into a little shell of myself, becoming extremely anti-social, sleeping a lot, eating a lot, and all in all, just feeling disgusted at the slob I've become. I honestly don't feel motivated to do anything...and it's a challenge to sleep less than 12 hours a day...pathetic.

Well, whether I want to or not, in a couple days I'll be forced out of this winter rut and forced to rejoin society. Let's hope I succeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment