Love Is Like Tea: It's 4 AM...

Monday 2 January 2012

It's 4 AM...


I think I've finally made the transition from getting 5 hours of sleep a night and being a walking zombie during the day to full on insomniac. It's a weird state of being, because it's somewhat by choice, more brought on by routine rather than by stress or medical background :/ Anyways, this is the music I listen to in the dead of the night.

 I'm gonna lose and go for a ride, seeming that I've got time.
 So let's lie, in the sun, 
 You didn't want the world to know, 
That I'm not strong and you'll find out 
How your girl likes rock 'n' roll. 
So let's swoon and get high, 
 You know you better come and get right, 
And I don't know if we're still alive, 
But the best comes back tonight. 

-Daniel Powter, Song 6

 After listening to this song repeatedly, at 4 am in the morning no less, this is what I've derived from this indie singer's croonings. I know the lyrics floating around on the web are different, but honestly, this is what I heard. Anyways, love the song, very laid back. It has me thinking about balmy days on the beach, even though it's the middle of winter here :/



You. 
Do you remember me?
 Like I remember you? 
 Do you spend your life, going back in your mind to that time? 
Cause I, I walk the streets alone, 
I hate being on my own, 
And everyone can see that, 
I really fell, and I'm going through hell, 
Thinking about you with somebody else. 


 Somebody wants you, 
 Somebody needs you, 
 Somebody dreams about you every single night, 
Somebody can't breathe, without you it's lonely, 
Somebody hopes that one day you will see, 
 that somebody's me.
 -Enrique Iglesias, Somebody's Me

 As this second song takes its turn stuck on repeat, these are the first two clusters of thoughts that go through my mind. One: This song manages the amazing feat of being unbearably cute, while still seeming heartfelt and real. I'm a sucker for this stuff. I could totally imagine the song being involved in a confession of love or being part of a scheme in which some schmuck try to make up with and get his girl back. Two: With your current deprivation of sleep, causing dark eye circles like bruises...no one will every want you. And on top the extra pounds from winter binging, which in turn causes a rare smattering of breakouts...oh dear. Yes, I'm just wallowing in a pool of self-pity here, don't mind me :'C LOL...so actually, I'm not that badly off, I really am exaggerating, but we all need a good bout of self-pity once in a while :P , just humor me here, I don't often go on self-involved rants like these. I'll eventually fall asleep tonight this morning, and when I wake up, I'll read this post and laugh. Yes, this is what lack of sleep does to me. It's rather like a written version of a drunken babble, but induced by not getting rest... Anyways, let's end this on a cute note,

  You will always be in my life, Even if I'm not in your life, Cause you're in my memories...

 Sweet dreams! Pip pip cheerio! :3

No comments:

Post a Comment