Love Is Like Tea: Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows

Thursday 29 December 2011

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows























        So a couple days ago, Tuesday to be exact, I watched the second of the Sherlock Holmes movies! :D

It. Was. Amazing. 

If you've been even casually following the news of this movie, I'm sure you'll have heard of the infamous "train scene". 

It. Was. Amazing. XD 

Yes, there's an abundance of chemistry bromance between Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law. Do you need any more reasons to run to the theatre right this moment? I think not. 

Oh...and did I forget to mention a certain Stephen Fry gets naked? ;)

Read on for more fangirling and a regurgitating toilet's worth of Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows GIFs

I Snape approves of this film. Already tumblr is overfilled with praise for this and I find myself nodding to my computer screen at their comments. I really wish I watched the first one right now . And yes, my prose is failing me at this moment because there are too many ways for me to express how good this was.


The ending. Oh man, THE ENDING. PERFECTION. People were screaming troll. I agree. This film wasn't just twists and turns. It was a fucking rollercoaster. (excuse my french) ;)
Did I enjoy the ride? LOVED it.


"Lay down with me, Watson." - Holmes

I know people are calling this "a Gay of Shadows" but it's so much more than that. Really. *snortgiggle* Ah...couldn't keep a straight face. But I'm serious. There's a side plot to the bromance. Errr...I meant bromance is just a side to the plot ;)



This is a film that flatters the audience. I'm serious. It actually makes you feel smart while watching it because it has made a complex plot simple in a way that it still seems complex. And the conversation is just 
so witty, you wish you could talk like that in real life XD  


Sooo...normally, this would be heartbreakingly cute to a closet hardcore romantic like me...but I find Holmes' and Watson's bromance sweeter I feel a ship coming on :D














                              











A treasure trove of little gems in the dialogue:

You know, although our time together has been but a brief interlude, I’m 
beginning to understand how a man of particular disposition under certain circumstances, extreme ones, perhaps, might grow to enjoy the company of, er, a person of- of your … gender.

Mycroft Holmes (A Game of Shadows)Sherlock Holmes (on the topic of horses): They are dangerous on both ends and crafty in the middle. Why would I want anything with a mind of its own bobbing between my legs? 



This makes me LOL. Hard. The memories are rushing  back, I must see this again. I'm leaving this GIF here which I will most certainly make heavy use of in the future.

My heart melts...they're perfect for each other! :'D



My fave bromance. Sherlock and Watson. Officially. Forever. 


No comments:

Post a Comment